| Home | Article Database | Fun Stuff | Resources | Tools & Calculators | Search HY

Ask the Mental Health Expert Archives 2001-2004

Expert Home  |  Archives by Date  |  Search Expert Archives  |  For Professionals  |  For Consumers

Dual Diagnosis Facilities

Q. I am looking for a facility that can address both major depression and alcoholism on an inpatient basis. Can you suggest some of the top facilities in the country? Is there a directory of facilities by treatment approach or diagnosis?

A. I can't recommend a particular facility, but you will find a national directory of "dual diagnosis" facilities at the website http://www.erols.com/ksciacca/. But a more practical approach would be to speak with mental health professionals in your area. You could contact your local mental health clinic, or a medical-school based department of psychiatry. Your local chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous would also be a good resource, as is their website http://www.recovery.org/aa/homepage.html. Another resource is the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (800-729-6686). I hope this gets you started.

Other Resources:

December 2001

Disclaimer Back to Ask the Expert