| Home | Article Database | Fun Stuff | Resources | Tools & Calculators | Search HY

Ask the Mental Health Expert Archives 2001-2004

Expert Home  |  Archives by Date  |  Search Expert Archives  |  For Professionals  |  For Consumers

Week of May 6, 2002

    Question: I am a lawyer and need scientific evidence linking certain types of disorders to child sex abuse. Are there any studies linking polymorphous perverse disorders to child sex offenders? Are there any clinical studies linking narcissistic personality disorder to child sex offenders?    Dr. Pies' Answer

    Question: Do private health organizations do a better job of treating and increasing awareness for mental health patients rather than the U.S. government?    Dr. Pies' Answer

    Question: I am a graduate student researching the history of Impulse Disorders, specifically Intermittent Explosive Disorder. I need to find out when Intermittent Explosive Disorder became a diagnosable illness. Was it in the DSM-III? When did it first appear as a bonafide mental illness?    Dr. Pies' Answer