| Home | Article Database | Resources | Tools & Just for Fun | Search HY |

Ask the Medical Expert Archives 2000-2004

Expert Home  |  Archives by Date  |  Search Expert Archives  |  For Professionals  |  For Consumers

Pubic Area Rash
July 2001

Q. I have rashes at the root of my pubic hair. It is red and I don't know what cause it. I have just used Derbac M to treat the area not long ago, and as what the doctor advised, I shaved my pubic area and discovered the rashes. It itches. Is this actually due to the shaving of the pubic hair or infection of the root of the hair? What can best prevent or at least treat this?

A. The condition you describe could be folliculitis, an infection of the hair follicles, but your doctor should examine you to make an accurate diagnosis. That would be the key to getting correct treatment. Here are some web references on skin conditions for you to review.





Disclaimer Back to Ask the Medical Experts