| Home | Article Database | Resources | Tools & Just for Fun | Search HY |

Ask the Medical Expert Archives 2000-2004

Expert Home  |  Archives by Date  |  Search Expert Archives  |  For Professionals  |  For Consumers

Uncircumsized Male
July 2003

Q. I am an uncircumsized male. I have a tight foreskin which is retractable when flaccid, but is impossible to retract when erect. I do not wish to be circumcised and do not suffer from fungal infections or anything else. I am looking for procedures or help with this problem without having to be circumcised. Can you help?

A. You would do well to consult a urologist regarding your specific concerns. You have not had any of the more serious problems that can occur from a tight foreskin such as phimosis (non-retractable) or infection. Some cases of a tight foreskin will improve with the use of topical medication, and stretching of the foreskin under local anesthesia may work as well.



Disclaimer Back to Ask the Medical Experts