| Home | Article Database | Resources | Tools & Just for Fun | Search HY |

Ask the Medical Expert Archives 2000-2004

Expert Home  |  Archives by Date  |  Search Expert Archives  |  For Professionals  |  For Consumers

Week of October 9, 2000

    Question:  What are some of the conditions that would cause a doctor to prescribe estrogen hormones for men? I know it is used to treat women, but have heard it is used for men for things such as the prostrate.    Dr. Ganiat's Answer

    Question:  I'm a female and I sweat excessively under my arms all the time no matter what temperature. Deoderant just makes it worse and it is embarrassing to have sweat rings on my nice shirts. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? What could be causing it?    Dr. Ganiat's Answer

    Question:  I have a disc problem and do not want to resort to surgery. I have tried chiropractic, medication and epidural back shots. Would orthotics help? I am a pronator, 205 lbs, 5'8".    Dr. Ganiat's Answer

    Question:  My hands have been extremely itchy, they are very warm and are swelling just a little. This is mainly the palms and between the fingers. There is no rash and I have not changed anything I use. I have not come into contact with anything different that I am aware of. What could be the possible cause and treatment for this?   Dr. Ganiat's Answer