| Home | Article Database | Resources | Tools & Just for Fun | Search HY |

Ask the Medical Expert Archives 2000-2004

Expert Home  |  Archives by Date  |  Search Expert Archives  |  For Professionals  |  For Consumers

Week of February 21, 2000

    Question:  Who should I go to for my low back pain. My internist or chiropractor, or orthopedic specialist?    Dr. Shiller's Answer

    Question:  I have frequent heartburn, especially after big meals. Tums helps some, but not enough. What can I do?    Dr. Shiller's Answer

    Question:   I am a 50 year old male and I notice I have been experiencing chest discomfort along with shortness of breath when I exert myself. My dad had a heart attack and I am worried that I may have heart disease. What is the best test to check for this?    Dr. Shiller's Answer

    Question:  I am 40 years old and have been smoking for 25 years. I also have a history of depression and am taking prozac. I want to quit, and have tried the nicotine gum and patch without success. Can I try Zyban?   Dr. Shiller's Answer

    Question:  My father is an alcoholic. Is there anything new that may help him quit drinking?    Dr. Shiller's Answer